The Steering Committee meets on the first Monday of every month from 5:30pm to 7:00pm at the Portland Jobs with Justice office located at 1500 NE Irving Street, suite 585 in Portland, Oregon. This meeting is open to the public and our membership. At this meeting we discuss and vote on supporting, endorsing, and organizing events that fit into the mission of Jobs with Justice. It is also a great way to make announcements to our membership and meet those involved with the important work of labor-community organizing.
If your organization would like to be on the agenda at a meeting, please complete the request form below.
Before you complete the request form please consider the following criteria and priorities.
- How the action fits into JwJ’s organizational priorities
- Impact of JwJ’s support on the campaign
- Impact on building JwJ and local coalitions
- Amount of rank and file participation
- Any organization is welcome to submit a request, but when requests are too numerous priority consideration is reserved for organizations that are members of the Portland Jobs with Justice coalition.
Portland Jobs with Justice gives priority to struggles involving the most vulnerable workers in our community.
- low-wage workers
- LGBTQ people
- immigrants and refugees
- people of color